Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How I defeated the Internet Security 2010 virus.

It was the 26th, a cold and dark night on the outskirts of the I.E. I was prowling the Internet for the usual t.p.g.'s when all of a sudden...

-All links opened an empty tab
-several security alerts popped up in every conceivable way
-ctrl+alt+del and other commands were blocked by admin.
-an admin user was created on Windows

I tried the usual ctrl+alt+del and also tried to access the restore points.
All these actions were blocked.
I thought to myself, "Fuck this. I kinda need this computer."

I was able to restart in safe mode. I thought maybe it wouldn't be there, but it was.
I opened my only security software, Malwarebyte's "Anti-Malware."
I ran the full disk scan on the C drive and let it do its thing.

It beeped at me which was my signal to come and close the pop-ups,
only for it to pop-up some more.
I'd go back to watch tv
more beeps

I think it was about three hours and the scan was done.
I fell asleep somewhere in between.
There it was, 7 items were found
and among them?
Internet Security 2010

I told it to remove it and it did. Then I tried to open the Task Manager and it wasn't blocked anymore.
I then went and accessed a restore point a couple days before and restarted.

That's it.
I also had Spybot S&D run a quick scan simultaneously with Anti-Malware.
I don't know if it did anything special.

Anywho, I was scared my computer was dead-meat, but I got through it. Yay!

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment